The team aims to work intensively with young people and their families in the community for a time limited period. The young people may have complex needs that need more intensive support.
How can we help?
Support a child or young person may get from the assertive outreach team might be:
- help with medication,
- talking therapies,
- help with drug or alcohol use,
- support to be involved in society if they are isolated,
- help to improve their physical health,
- support to find suitable education, employment and training,
- developing a ‘relapse prevention’ plan which looks at triggers that can make them unwell,
- developing a crisis plan for if they start to get unwell.
We are able to offer extended working hours including evenings and Saturdays.