Making a referral
If you wish to make a referral to our service, please complete the relevant forms (found to the right of this page) and send in with any supporting documents, for example Speech and Language reports, Team Around the Family minutes, Paediatrician letters and any school based interventions.
A request for service will not be accepted if there is not clear evidence that the child or young person has signs or symptoms that are expected for ASD or when a Paediatrician or Psychiatrist does not support the request.
Please review the list below and ensure that you have the appropriate documentation available to submit with your request (items in bold are required):
- Completed Request for Services form(to be completed by requester)
- Completed Information Sharing Consent Form(to be completed by parent/carer/young person)
- Completed ASD Screening Questionnaire(to be completed by school staff, parents/carers and/or young person (if over 16) as required)
- Early Help Assessment
- Where children are already supported by level 3 services (including a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP)) we require copies of their existing statement/plan, previous assessments undertaken, analysis of the impact achieved from any interventions implemented to date together with the name of the child’s lead professional (or key worker).
This is in order to:
- Make informed decisions regarding the need for specialist assessment
- Ensure that children do not receive repeat assessments unnecessarily
- Ensure that outcomes from specialist assessments feed into the support network/ plan currently in place for the child and their family
For more information about referring to our service, please see our Referral Guide