A therapeutic mobile game to help 7-12 year olds learn to self-manage their fears and worries.
Lumi Nova: Tales of Courage provides a fun, safe and engaging way for children and young people to tackle their worries head on so they can build resilience, gain confidence and thrive.
- Suitable for 7-12 year olds
- Facilitates exposure therapy – proven to be the most effective treatment for anxiety
- Compatible on iPhones, iPads and most Android devices*
* Please search the App Store for “Lumi Nova” to check that your device is compatible before registering.
We have partnered with BFB Labs to offer free access to Lumi Nova for children aged 7-12 facing difficulties with fears, worries or anxiety.
As this is a therapeutic intervention, we recommended using Lumi Nova at least 2-3 times a week for a minimum of 6 weeks.
If there is no activity after 8 weeks, we may end your child’s access to Lumi Nova so that we can offer that support to other children as we have limited licenses.
For children with sensory difficulties or sensory based anxieties, it is recommended that Lumi Nova is used alongside professional support so that reasonable adjustments can be made. Lumi Nova is not suitable for children with severe or complex needs.
Lumi Nova short video
I didn’t think I would be able to overcome my fear, but I think I have! It’s helped me feel like if I do have another fear then I can easily overcome it by setting myself challenges. It’s a really good game. I don’t think I would have been able to have done it without it.
Ruby, 10yrs old
Lumi Nova is an intergalactic adventure game where you start an exciting adventure through space.
- Exploring new planets and collect treasure
- Help characters along the way to earn rewards
- Completing challenges to conquer your fears and worries
- Repeat challenges to unlock new outfits for your Luminaut
- Take on real life challenges to reach new levels
- Save the galaxy from the Sludge Buccaneers and much more!